Weight Watchers Chicken Cheese Steaks
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- ½ small poblano pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 (1-ounce) slices provolone cheese
- 2 (3–4-ounce) hero or hoagie rolls, split and toasted
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, poblano chile, and garlic; cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until golden and softened, 3–4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and salt; cook, uncovered, turning occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat. Top the chicken with the cheese; cover the skillet and let stand until the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Fill each roll with half of the chicken filling. Cut each sandwich in half.