Weight Watchers Chicken with Caramelized Onion and Tomato on Rye
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (¼-pound) skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons light sour cream
- 4 slices rye or pumpernickel bread
- 4 large slices tomato
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion turns deep golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Put the same skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on the outside and cooked through, 12–14 minutes.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the sour cream on each slice of bread. Divide the onion between 2 of the bread slices, top with the tomato and warm chicken, then top each with a slice of the remaining bread. Cut each sandwich in half and serve while warm.
- Weight Watchers Grilled Portobello, Chicken, and Mozzarella Heroes
- Get the best from these 5 Must-See Weight Watcher Soup Recipes that will help your weight!