Weight Watchers Chicken Breasts with Cremini Mushroom Sauce
- 4 (5-ounce) skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, thickly sliced
- ? cup dry white wine
- ? cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the wine, broth, and flour in a small bowl until smooth. Add to the skillet along with the garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, about 1 minute. Return the chicken to the skillet, turning to coat with the sauce; sprinkle with the rosemary. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, turning the chicken occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley.