Weight Watchers Buttermilk Biscuit–Topped Potpie
- 1½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon country-style Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper Pinch of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried savory or thyme
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas, and green beans), thawed
- 1½ cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 (6-ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a 3-quart shallow baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the broth, half-and-half, flour, mustard, black pepper, and cayenne in a glass measure until blended.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic, and savory; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the mixed vegetables and chicken and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the broth mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the chicken mixture into the baking dish. Arrange the biscuits on top, spacing them evenly. Bake until the filling is bubbly and the biscuits are golden brown, 10–12 minutes.