Weight Watchers Braised Chicken Breasts with Dried Figs and Apricots
- 1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (¾-pound) bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned and cut in half crosswise
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 dried Calimyrna figs, halved
- ½ cup dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- Combine the flour, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and ? teaspoon of the pepper in a zip- close plastic bag. Add the chicken and shake to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, 3–4 minutes on each side. Add the shallot and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the wine, stirring to scrape the brown bits from the skillet. Add the broth, figs, apricots, sugar, tarragon, and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ? teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, 20–25 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving plate. Increase the heat to high and bring the sauce to a boil. Cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve the sauce over the chicken.