- 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 medium potato, cooked, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 tsp. dried oregano
- 6 large egg whites
- 6 oz. artichoke hearts, canned, without oil, about 1 cup, coarsely chopped
- Coat a ten inch non-stick lightly with cooking spray on medium heat. (Keep in mind, that larger or smaller skillet can affect both the cooking results and time).
- Add the onions and sauté until smooth. Add cooked potatoes, peppers and artichokes. Sauté with occasional stirring for two more minutes.
- Beat the red pepper flakes, pepper, eggs, oregano, pepper, egg whites and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add over vegetable mixture. Lift the egg gently, after a minute, to let the uncooked egg part run to bottom of skillet.
- On a medium heat, cook frittata until the eggs start to set, for about five minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, when set.
- Put the skillet under the broiler for three to four inches from heat for about one minute or until the cheese melts.
- Slice into four wedges and serve hot.