Weight Watchers Arroz con Pollo
- 4 (5-ounce) skinless bone-in chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 assorted color bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads, lightly crushed
- 1 (14½-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 12 small pimiento-stuffed green olives
- Sprinkle the chicken with ¼ teaspoon of the salt and ? teaspoon of the black pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, 3–4 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the same skillet. Add the bell peppers, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 7 minutes. Add the rice and saffron; cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, broth, and chicken; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed and the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in the peas, olives, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ? teaspoon black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and let stand, covered, for about 5 minutes.