Bacon tastes awesome solely and with everything else – ok, it’s not exactly like that but I ensure you that it goes well in this Weight Watchers soup recipe. More importantly, it only costs you 3 WW points for this guilty pleasure.
If you want to improvise a little bit, feel free to add more veggies into it, reduce the bacon and butter, use veggies broth. Instead of canned Navy beans, you can use black beans or fresh beans. I recommend using this combination: half the butter, half the bacon, double amount of carrot or cauliflower, and black beans.
See more top 5 weight watchers vegetable soup recipes: https://deliciousrecipe.info/top-5-best-weight-watchers-vegetable-soup-recipes/
- 2 Teaspoons Butter
- 6 Crisply Cooked Bacon Slices, Crumbled
- 2 Onions, Diced
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 4 Carrots, Diced
- 2 Celery Ribs, Chopped
- 2 Cups Canned Navy Beans
- 8 Cups Chicken Or Vegetable Broth
- 28 Ounce Can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- Cayenne Pepper To Taste (Optional)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot on medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté 3-5 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add the carrots and celery and sauté another 3 minutes until soft. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
- Makes Eight 3 Weight Watchers Points Plus Servings