Tacos have been one of the most popular dishes around the word. You could choose a Mexican recipe or try out a Greek one, but what is important is the composition that it is used in it. The objective here is to make something extraordinarily delicious while still retaining health factors. That crunchy sensation when taking a bite of it and the melting of the juices composed of a variety of tasty veggies. Adding chicken to it increases the protein count – plus, gives you a savory taste. When this spicy dish adds a squeeze of lemon to it, you cannot imagine how much tastier it gets. You are bound to bring out those sinful urges in you when you have one of these healthy Green Chicken Tacos.
This one has been made especially with the goodness of health so that you do not regret after you finish one or two of these delights. Moreover, these tacos are quick and easy to make. You hardly need 20 minutes to prepare these which can let you prepare something when guests come up all of a sudden. Even if you are not looking up for something intricate to prepare for breakfast, lunch or dinner, the Green Chicken Tacos are worth every effort you apply. Now, impress your guests, family members or friends, with this awesome Mediterranean dish prepared with healthy tortillas, chicken and veggies. Easy, peazy!
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 2 teaspoons Mediterranean seasoning (may sub Italian seasoning in a pinch)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 8 6-inch (taco-sized) flour tortillas
- 1 bell pepper (or a combination of several - red, yellow, and green) thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled (optional) and sliced into sticks or chopped
- ? cup kalamata olives, halved
- ? cup feta cheese crumbles
- lemon wedges
- optional: balsamic glaze or dressing, banana pepper rings or sliced pepperoinis
- Season chicken bosoms with flavoring, and salt and pepper to taste. Shower a huge dish or skillet with oil and cook chicken bosoms for around 4-5 minutes on every side until cooked through. Cleave into 1 inch pieces or cut into strips.
- Divide chicken, peppers, and cucumbers between every tortilla. Top with olives, feta cheddar, and balsamic coating. Press with crisp lemon squeeze and serve.