This whole grain cereal is great for portable snacking and breakfasts. You can replace pistachios with hazelnuts.
- ¾ c. shelled pistachios, chopped
- 2 c. rolled oats
- ½ c. whole millet
- 2/3 c. dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. fine-grain sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ c. honey
- ½ c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 c. boiling water
- Soak millet in a bowl with the boiled water. Cover bowl for about 30 minutes or until millet is softened. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine together soaked millet, coconut flakes, pistachios and oats in a large bowl.
- Bring oil, honey and salt to a gentle boil in a small saucepan. Stir the honey mixture into the millet mixture until well combined.
- Evenly spread the mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring once through cooking, cook for about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly and stir in cranberries. You can store muesli in an airtight container up to two weeks.