Hummus with chicken, you say? An unusual combination, for sure, but it has been used by a number of intuitive chefs around the world. And, the intriguing part is that it was loved, it was worshipped and it has been one of the top quick-and-easy recipes ever since. The best thing about this delectable cuisine is its quickness for sure. But, the quickness has never compromised with its rich taste. If you are a fan of hummus, then you are definitely going to admire the flavor this exquisite meal possesses. Use it for your family dinners or serve it to guests, you will always be proud when you prepare this mouth-watering recipe. It’s more like an art that emerges through a flawless recipe easily created using a few ingredients. Not to mention the savory crust forming over the juicy chicken. You will not be able to resist the temptation created when one of these end up in front of you at the dinner table. Beware, you might not want to share!
Hummus serves as the perfect sauce in this easy baked chicken dish!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup hummus, homemade or store-bought
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika or sumac
- Preheat stove to 450 degrees. Plan one expansive heating dish or two littler preparing dishes with cooking shower.
- Pat the chicken dry. Season the chicken bosoms with liberal squeezes of salt and pepper. In an extensive dish, hurl the zucchini, squash and onion with olive oil until uniformly covered. Season with salt and pepper.
- On the off chance that utilizing one heating dish, put the greater part of the vegetables on the base of the dish in an even layer. Lay the four chicken bosoms equally on top, then cover every chicken bosom with the hummus so that the whole bosom is secured.
- Crush the juice of one lemon over the chicken and vegetables. At that point sprinkle the container with smoked paprika or sumac. Daintily cut the remaining lemon, and spot the cuts in the middle of the chicken and vegetables if craved. If utilizing two container, utilize one for the chicken and one for the vegetables.
- Prepare for around 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked completely and the vegetables are softened. Serve quickly.