Whip up this delicious breakfast to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings in the mornings. Healthy and light, this incredible combination of sweet potato, yoghurt, maple syrup and nuts is sure to lift your spirits.
YIELDS: Makes 1 serving
• 1 sweet potato, scrubbed and dried
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• ¼ cup vanilla yoghurt
• 2 tablespoons nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans), chopped
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pierce the sweet potato several times with a fork and wrap it in a foil.
3. Bake for about 40 minutes, until the potato is soft.
4. Remove from and oven and allow the potato to cool.
5. Once cooled, slice the sweet potato across the top.
6. Push it slightly so that the flesh rises out of the skin.
7. Spoon on generous amount of yoghurt and maple syrup onto the sweet potato and top with chopped nuts.