These vibrant tacos make for a delicious meal. Packed with Mexican flavors and a creamy chipotle sauce, this dish makes for a flavorful and wholesome meal.
YIELDS: Makes 12 servings
• 12 corn tortillas
• 1 cup uncooked quinoa
• 2 sweet potatoes
• 1 avocado, diced
• 1 red bell pepper, cored, and diced
• 2 tablespoons minced green onion
• 1 cup sliced black olives
• 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
• 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil + 1 teaspoon, divided
• 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
• salt and pepper
To make chipotle sauce:
• 2 teaspoons Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup plain yogurt
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. To make chipotle sauce: Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Boil quinoa in a pot with two cups of salted water. Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer until the water is absorbed and quinoa is soft and fluffy.
3. Remove from heat and allow quinoa to cool slightly.
4. Peel sweet potatoes and dice them into ½ inch pieces.
5. Place sweet potatoes in a pot with salted water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes are slightly tender.
6. Drain the water and allow potatoes to cool slightly.
7. Toss potatoes, quinoa, bell pepper, olives, onions and avocado together.
8. In a bowl, whisk together ¼ cup olive oil and 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
9. Place a pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil to it.
10. Grill the tortillas on the pan for a minute.
11. Place the quinoa and potato mixture in the tortillas. Sprinkle cilantro and cherry tomatoes over them and top with chipotle sauce.