Get creative with this amazing combination of sweet potato and black beans. This is the perfect way to start your mornings with a wholesome meal. Rest assured, it’ll keep your hunger pangs away until lunch time.
YIELDS: Makes 1 servings
• 1 sweet potato
• ½ cup black beans
• 2 tablespoons skim milk
• Chopped parsley, for garnish
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Skin the sweet potato and cut it into large pieces.
2. Boil the pieces for about 10 minutes, in a pot of water.
3. Once the potatoes are soft, mash them in a small bowl along with the skim milk.
4. Layer 1/4th of the mashed potatoes at the bottom of two greased muffin tins.
5. Add a layer of black beans over the potatoes and top it off with another layer of mashed potatoes.
6. Bake for 20 minutes in an oven preheated at 375 degrees.
7. Broil for additional 5 minutes at 500 degrees.
8. Allow the stacks to cool before removing them from the muffin tins.
- Sweet Potato and Strawberry Pancake
- Oatmeal and Sweet Potato Breakfast
- Sweet Potato with Yoghurt and Maple Syrup