Try these delicious sweet potato scones for a light Sunday breakfast. This creative recipe successfully combines taste with health. Vegan and gluten-free, these scones are the perfect breakfast recipe for everyone.
YIELDS: Makes 4 servings
• 1/2 can of sweet potato puree
• 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
• 1/2 cup brown rice flour
• 3/4 cup rice milk
• 1/2 cup quinoa flour
• 1 1/2 cup almond flour
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 1/3 cup grape seed oil
• 1/3 cup maple sugar
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
• 2 tablespoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon liquid vanilla
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together sweet potato puree, rice milk and lemon juice.
3. In another bowl combine rice flour, almond flour, quinoa flour, arrowroot starch, maple sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, liquid vanilla and cloves. Stir the mixture well, making sure no lumps remain.
4. Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients.
5. Take tablespoons of the batter and drop them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes in the oven.
7. Brush the scones with maple syrup after it has baked for about 10 minutes and then allow it to continue baking.