This easy to prepare sweet potato salad with tender, caramelized onion makes for a quick and delicious meal. A drizzle of honey and balsamic vinegar enhances the flavors of the salad, making it incredibly enjoyable.
YIELDS: Makes 4 servings
• 3 sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/2inch thick slices
• 3 red onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon orange zest
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Vegetable oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Heat olive oil in a pan placed over medium heat.
2. Sauté the onions until they’ve attained a golden brown color.
3. Add mustard and balsamic vinegar and cook for another two minutes.
4. Remove the onions from heat and stir in honey, orange zest and thyme.
5. Preheat the grill.
6. Brush the potato slices with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
7. Grill potatoes for 3-4 minutes on each side.
8. Toss grilled potatoes and onion mixture together in a bowl.