Try this exciting recipe to make your own healthy, sweet potato noodles! Combined with figs, prosciutto and goats cheese makes this is a wholesome, healthy meal for your whole family.
YIELDS: Makes 4 servings
• 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
• 1 cup dried figs, roughly diced
• 1 package prosciutto, cut into 1 inch squares
• 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
• 1 cup slivered almonds
• 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Chop off the ends of the sweet potatoes. Use a julienne peeler to make the noodles.
2. Cut the prosciutto into thin strips, about 1 inch long.
3. Slice dried figs roughly.
4. Place a pan over medium heat and add olive oil to it.
5. Place sweet potato noodles in the pan. Season with sea salt.
6. Cook the noodles for about 5 minutes, until they are soft.
7. Once the noodles are done, transfer them to a plate.
8. Place prosciutto to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
9. Add figs and almonds and cook for an additional three minutes, until the figs have softened and attained a light brown color.
10. Add water and ½ cup goat cheese to the pan. Stir until the cheese has melted slightly.
11. Add sweet potato noodles to the pan. Stir until all the ingredients have combined and then remove from heat.
12. Sprinkle remaining goat cheese over the noodles before serving.
- Pasta with Creamy Sweet Potato Sauce
- Sweet Potato Tacos with Chipotle Sauce
- Sweet Potato and Spinach Quesadillas