A wholesome sweet potato hash makes for a delicious and quick breakfast that is a great way to start your day. Easy to prepare and healthy, this dish makes for a great breakfast.
YIELDS: Makes 1 serving
• 1 small sweet potato, cubed
• ½ bell pepper, chopped
• ½ small yellow onion, chopped
• ¼ cup grape tomatoes, halved
• 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
• ¼ cayenne pepper
• salt & black pepper
• 1 egg
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Place a pan over medium heat and add olive oil to it.
2. Season sweet potatoes and onions with cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt. Cook them in the pan for about 5 minutes, until they are soft.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the eggs. Cook for another two minutes.
4. Use a spoon to make a circular impression in the center of the hash mixture. Break the egg into this impression. Cook for 3 more minutes, until the egg white is set.
5. Serve the dish immediately, garnished with cilantro.