This creamy, rich soup makes for a great mid day snack, especially for the health conscious. Rich in flavors and spices, this soup makes for a comforting snack at any time of the day.
YIELDS: Makes 5 servings
• 3 cups sweet potato, peeled and cubed
• 1 ½ cup carrots, peeled and sliced
• ½ cup shallots, chopped
• 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• ½ teaspoon salt
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Place a pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan.
2. Sauté shallots in the pan for about 3 minutes, until they are tender.
3. Add potatoes, carrots, ginger, curry powder and coo for additional 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Lower the heat and allow the mixture to simmer for about half an hour, until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt.
6. Pour the mixture into a food processor and blend until a smooth liquid is formed.