Start your mornings with these healthy sweet potato pancakes, soft and fluffy with a little crunch obtained from adding oatmeal and pecans. Topped with fresh strawberries and a drizzle of maple syrup, these pancakes make for a delectable breakfast.
YIELDS: Makes 4 servings
• ¼ cup sweet potato, mashed
• ¾ cup oatmeal
• 2 tablespoons almond milk
• 1 egg
• Pinch of cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons pecans
• 1 cup fresh strawberries
• Maple syrup, to drizzle over pancakes
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. In a large bowl mix together mashed potatoes, oatmeal, almond milk and egg along with cinnamon and pecans.
2. Place a greased pan over medium heat.
3. Pour a small amount of the pancake batter onto the pan. Allow it to cook for about 3 minutes, until bubbles start forming at the edge of the pancake.
4. Flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Top the pancakes with fresh strawberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.