Easy to prepare and with only a few ingredients, these sweet potato and spinach quesadillas make for an enjoyable weeknight dinner. A generous amount of cheese and salsa make these quesadillas enjoyable and incredibly delicious.
YIELDS: Makes 2 servings
• 8 Tortillas
• 2 sweet potatoes, chopped into pieces and baked
• 1 cup chopped spinach
• ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
• 3/4 cup feta cheese
• olive oil for cooking
• fresh salsa for dipping
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Chop the sweet potatoes into pieces and bake for half an hour, until the potatoes are sot.
3. Place an even layer of sweet potato, chopped spinach and cheese over the tortillas. Drizzle a small amount of Greek yoghurt over the ingredients.
4. Fold the tortillas carefully.
5. Place a pan over medium heat and add olive oil to it.
6. Cook the quesadillas for 3 minutes on each side, until the cheese has melted slightly and the tortillas are lightly browned.
7. Serve with fresh salsa.