This refreshing salad is the perfect recipe for a warm summer day. Vibrant and beautiful, it also makes for a great picnic lunch. A light pomegranate dressing and a generous amount of feta cheese makes this a splendid dish.
YIELDS: Makes 6 servings
• 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 1 cup pomegranate arils
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1/2 cup feta cheese
• 1/2 cup pepitas
To make pomegranate dressing
• 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the cubed sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Add olive oil, making sure that the potatoes are well coated with the oil.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast the potatoes for half an hour, stirring a few times, until the potatoes are tender.
5. Remove from oven allow the potatoes to cool.
6. Toss the potatoes in a large bowl along with pomegranate arils, pepitas and crumbled feta cheese.
7. To make the pomegranate dressing: In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
8. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently.