Spinach combined with garlic, chili, lemon and crispy breadcrumbs for a low-fat, low-calorie, healthy main course.
- 4 c. spinach
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- ½ c. fresh breadcrumbs gluten free
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, melt butter until it starts to foam. Add the chili, garlic, lemon zest and breadcrumbs and cook for about 5 minutes or until bread crumbs are crunchy and golden. Remove from pan and set aside and set aside.
- Add spinach to pan and cook, stirring until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the crunchy crumbs.