- 3 potatoes
- 1 canned sardine
- Salt, as needed
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 cups dry crispy bread crumbs panko
- Oil for deep-frying, as needed
- Peel the potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces, place in a large pot and cover with water. Boil until the potatoes soften and drain. Take out sardine from a can. Mix the sardine and the boiled potatoes with a spatula using a gentle chopping and flipping motion. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Take a handful of the croquette base (1) and shape into an egg shape. Coat the egg-shaped croquette with flour, then dip in the beaten egg, and then coat with dry crispy bread crumbs panko.
- Heat the oil at a medium temperature and deep-fry the croquette until golden.
- Serve the croquettes while they are hot with Worcester sauce or ketchup, as desired.