This restaurant-style, classy rum roasted recipe will impress everyone at your dinner table. Incredibly easy to prepare, this delicious combination of sugar, cinnamon and rum makes this a beautiful dish full of tantalizing flavors.
YIELDS: Makes 6 servings
• 1 ½ pound sweet potatoes, cut into 2cm pieces
• 1 apple, cut into 8 wedges
• 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
• 2 tablespoons dark rum
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Fried sage leaves, to garnish
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
2. In a bowl mix together sugar, cinnamon, rum and oil.
3. Toss sweet potato pieces and apple wedges in this mixture.
4. Place the ingredients on a baking tray and season with salt.
5. Roast for about 45 minutes, stirring the mixture once in between.
6. Remove from the oven once the sweet potato and apple are tender.
7. Garnish with fried sage.