Nutrition amount per serving
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup no-sugar-added creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup “measures-like-sugar” calorie-free sweetener
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup low-sugar strawberry spread
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat peanut butter and margarine with a mixer at moderate speed until creamy. Slowly add sugar and sweetener, stirring well. Add vanilla and egg whites; beat well. Mix soda, salt and flour in a small bowl, stirring well. Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating well. Shape dough into 40 (1-inch) balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten cookies into 2-inch circles using a flat-bottomed glass. Allow it to bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly on pans; remove, and let cool completely on wire racks. Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons strawberry spread on the bottom of each of 20 cookies; top with remaining cookies.
20 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich cookie)