Surprise your guests with this easy, delectable lamb and sweet potato skewers. A slight hint of mint combines delightfully with tender sweet potato and lamb pieces, to create a dish that is sure to entice your taste buds.
YIELDS: Makes 8 servings
• 1 pound orange sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
• 1 pound lamb, diced
• 2 tablespoons mint jelly
• 2 red onions, cut thinly
• Baby rocket, to serve
• Steamed corn on cobs, to serve
• Olive oil
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Place chopped sweet potatoes in a bowl along with two tablespoons of cold water.
2. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and microwave for 4 minutes, until the potatoes are slightly tender.
3. Place lamb, onion and potato on skewers.
4. Place the skewers in a ceramic dish and brush them with mint jelly.
5. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
6. Spray a chargrill with olive oil and heat over medium high heat.
7. Cook the skewers over the chargrill for about 3 minutes.
8. Serve with baby rockets and steamed corn cobs.