Nutrition amount per serving
For the Cupcakes:
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter,
cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 10-ounce bag peanut butter chips
For the Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- Cook the cupcakes: Preheat to 350oF and place a rack in the center of the oven. Line a 24-cup mini muffin pan with paper liners. Make a mixture of cocoa power, butter and ¼ cup water in a microwave safe bowl, wrap it with plastic and put it in microwave until the butter melts, approximately 2 minutes. Beat while combining, then beat in the brown sugar.
- Beat the baking powder, baking soda, flour and salt in a large bowl. Now beat in the warm cocoa mixture. Take another bowl, beat the buttermilk, vanilla and egg; whirl into the batter until just mixed but avoid over mix.
- Now section the batter between the prepared cups, fill each cup 3/4. Let it bake until the cupcakes surface springs back when touched, approximately 20 minutes. Allow it to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then put it on a rack to cool absolutely.
- Make the topping: Add the cream to a simmer in a little saucepan, and then stream over the peanut butter chips in a bowl and allow it to stand just before chips melt, approx. 5 minutes. Beat just before it is fluffy and smooth. Chill until the toping is settled down, approx. 10 minutes, and then whisk with a mixer until foamy. Shift to a pastry bag with a 1-inch round tip and pipe peaks onto each cupcake. Transfer it into a freezer whilst you prepare the glaze.
- Make the glaze: Make a mixture of chocolate, 3 tablespoon hot water and butter in a small, deep bowl which is micro-wave safe, wrap with the plastic from the top and microwave on 50 percent power just before the chocolate melts, around 2 minutes. Beat until fluffy and smooth. Submerge the frozen peaks of every single cupcake into the glaze, and allowing the excess drip off. Chill it until set, approx. 5 minutes.
24 servings (serving size: 1 cupcake)