Nutrition amount per serving
For the Cakes:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh thyme, plus sprigs for garnish
For the Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350o, and place a rack in center of the oven. Make the cakes and coat a 6 or 12-cup mini Bundt or muffin pan with the melted butter. Shower slightly with flour and remove out excess flour.
- Beat the granulated sugar and lemon zest in a blender until thoroughly mixed. Now put eggs one at a time, and then slowly stream in the milk and olive oil, beat until foamy into a thin batter, approx. 30 seconds. Avoid over blending or the cakes will be too puffy.
- Make a mixture of baking powder, 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon thyme and salt in a small bowl. Put it into a blender in 2 batches, beating slowly until just combined. Stream the batter into the prepared pan. Let it bake until the cakes bulging out from the sides of the pan and they give spring back effect when slightly touched, bake for 28 to 30 minutes for a 6-cup Bundt pan and 22 to 25 minutes for a 12-cup Bundt or muffin pan. Allow it to cool completely for 10 minutes, take a small knife and loosen the sides and then invert the cakes onto a rack.
Prepare the glaze: Mix the confectioners’ sugar, butter and lemon juice until smooth, put more lemon juice if the mixture is too thick. Shower over the warm cakes and enhance the looks with thyme sprigs.
12 mini cakes (serving size: 1 cake)