This Italian favorite dish is low in fat and calories, but all of the flavors. Making the dish with extra-lean ground beef and low-fat cheeses saves 10 grams of fat and 100 calories per serving.
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 3 c. shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- nsalted tomato sauce
- 1 6oz. can unsalted tomato paste
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. oregano
- 1 ½ tsp. dried basil1 c. low-fat cottage cheese
- ¾ lb. gluten free lasagna noodles, cooked
- 3 ½ c. water
- 1 8 oz. can u
- 1 onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In large saucepan, mix beef and onion and cook over medium until onion is translucent and beef is browned and crumbly. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic powder, oregano, basil and water; stir to combine well. Bring the mixture to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Place a half cup sauce into the coated pan and top with a layer of noodles, 1/3 cup cottage cheese and 1/3 cup mozzarella. Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used up. Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes.