The Boston lettuce leaves offer a light, fresh alternative to whole wheat flatbread or pita.
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 c. onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic fresh and minced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, grounded
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, grounded
- 6 oz. lean lamb sliced thin
- ½ c. parsley, freshly chopped
- ½ c. tomato, sliced
- ½ c. cucumber, medium size chops
- ¼ c. non-flavored fat-free yogurt
- ¼ c. hummus
- ¼ c. red pepper
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- 2 Tbsp. mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- Heat a large pan over medium- high heat. Add oil to pan, spread to cover the pan surface. Add lamb, onion, garlic, cinnamon, salt and pepper to pan; sauté for 5 minutes or until lamb is well done.
- Combine cucumber, parsley and tomato in a small bowl. Stir in the lamb mixture until it is well blended. Combine non-flavored yogurt and hummus in another bowl. Top each lettuce leaf with about ¼ cup lamb mixture and one tablespoon yogurt-hummus mixture. Sprinkle each wrap with pine nuts and mint leaves and serve.