Canned black beans are often high in sodium. Be sure to rinse the beans thoroughly under cold running water if you’re watching your sodium intake –or make your own beans from scratch.
- 1 ½ c. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ c. salsa
- ¾ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 fat-free gluten-free tortillas
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp. green chili peppers, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ c. frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, corn, and black beans in a microwave-safe bowl; stir to mix well. Microwave the mixture on high for at least ½ minute, stir and microwave again for another ½ minute. Repeat the same process until hot.
- Place two tortillas between paper towels or paper napkins and microwave on high for 20 seconds until warm. Repeat the process with the other tortillas.
- Spread ½ cup bean mixture on each tortilla and top with some salsa and some cheese. Fold the tortillas to make wraps and serve immediately.