Nothing is more Italian than this amazing tomato bread.
- ½ c. almond flour
- 1½ c. sorghum flour
- 1 ½ c. tapioca starch
- ½ c. gluten free brown rice flour
- ½ c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. raw sugar
- 2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 free range eggs, beaten
- 1 ¼ c. warm water
- 1 packet rapid dry yeast
- Warm the oven by turning it on for 5 minutes.
- Line a 9” pan with parchment paper.
- Proof the yeast by adding it to a cup of warm water plus the sugar.
- Combine all dry ingredients. Add the proofed yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, eggs and rest of the water to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined and add tomatoes and mix.
- Scoop the dough into the baking pan and set it in the warm oven. Allow the bread to rest for 20 minutes.
- Turn on the oven to 375F and bake the bread for about 30 minutes (brush the top with olive oil at 20 minutes).
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack before removing the bread.
- Serve warm with extra virgin olive oil.