Just because you are off gluten doesn’t mean you don’t have a sweet tooth? Enjoy this recipe!
- ¼ c. cornmeal
- 1 ½ c. corn kernels, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. masa harina
- ½ c. softened butter
- ¼ c. water
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Pulse the butter in a food processor, until it is nice and creamy. Pulse in the masa harina and the water until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the chopped corn and the cornmeal into the butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, cream, baking powder and salt and transfer the mixture to the food processor. Pulse the two mixtures until well combined.
- Scoop the batter into an ungreased baking pan. Cover the pan with a foil and place it into a bigger pan that is filled with 1” hot water.
- Bake in your preheated oven for I hour until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
- Remove the pan containing the bread from the water and let it rest for 10 minutes before you serve.
- Serve warm