If you are in the mood for some old school style cooking, you will enjoy making this traditional gluten free simple corn bread.
- 1 c. cornmeal, stone ground
- 1 free range egg
- 1 c. butter milk
- 1 Tbsp. shortening, organic
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450F and melt the organic shortening in a cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and add the wet ingredients. Mix well until smooth.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and scoop the batter into the skillet. Stir the shortening and the batter well.
- Bake it for about 40 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Let the bread cool for ten minutes and serve with your favorite butter.