With a crunchy exterior and a soft center, this is the true definition of bread heaven!
- ½ c. millet flour
- 1 c. arrowroot starch
- 1½ c. sorghum flour
- 1½ c. warm water
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. rapid rise yeast
- 1 Tbsp. xanthan gum
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Grease two sides of a French bread pan and dust with gluten free cornmeal.
- Combine all dry ingredients except rosemary in a mixing bowl and fold together.
- Proof the yeast in a small bowl with warm water and sugar.
- Add the proofed yeast, eggs, olive oil and vinegar to the dry ingredients and combine well to form a smooth, thick batter.
- Scoop out the dough into your French bread pan. Sprinkle with the dried rosemary. Let the bread rise for 30 minutes then bake it for a further 30 minutes until the bread feels hollow to the touch and is well browned.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool slightly before removing the bread.
- Serve warm.