Use ½ cup egg substitute rather than 2 egg whites and 1 egg, to lower cholesterol and fat in this recipe.
- 1 egg
- 1 9-inch ready-made gluten-free pie crust
- 2 egg whites
- 6 oz. low-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 oz. lean ham, chopped
- ½ c. fat-free sour cream
- ½ c. chopped onion
- Preheat to oven to 350° F. Coat a skillet with cooking spray before adding onion. Cook the onion over medium heat for a few minutes or until tender.
- Whisk together sour cream, egg and egg whites in a large bowl. Stir in cheese, ham and the sautéed onions.
- Transfer the mixture into the unbaked pie shell and bake for about 40 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Cut into six wedge. Serve immediately.