Replace a mayonnaise base with fresh Italian herbs, red peppers, olives, and cherry tomatoes in this low-fat lunch dish.
- 6 new potatoes quartered
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 tsp. dried or fresh oregano
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 small thinly sliced onion
- ½ c. red pepper chopped
- Handful chopped basil leaves
- 6 black olives sliced
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add oregano and garlic and continue sautéing for 1 more minute. Add peppers and tomatoes and gently simmer the mixture for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook potatoes in a medium-sized pot of boiling salted water until tender, for at least 10 minutes. Drain and mix with the onion mixture. Garnish with basil and olives and serve warm.