This baguette recipe is in a class of its own; it is not your everyday dry and plain baguette. Instead, it is golden, sweet and has a very soft and yummy taste. You need to try this!
- 1 packet of Pamela’s gluten-free bread mix, complete with a yeast packet
- 1½ c. warm water
- 2 free range eggs, beaten
- Warm the oven briefly for 5 minutes then turn it off.
- Shape two sheets of foil into baguette shapes and place them on a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the bread mix, yeast, warm water and eggs and beat continuously for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Divide the dough into two and pour out the dough onto the shaped foil papers. Smooth the dough using wet fingers to form long baguettes.
- Transfer the loaves into the warm oven and allow them to rise for about an hour. Heat the oven to 375F and bake your baguettes for half an hour.
- If you would like your baguettes to be super crusty, bake the breads directly on the oven rack once they are baked for the 30 minutes.
- Let the baguettes cool before slicing.
- Serve warm.