The creamy filling in this deviled egg recipe couldn’t be easier to prepare. And it’s a good way to use up all those leftover Easter eggs.
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. gluten free Dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp. gluten free mayonnaise
- 12 large eggs
- Pinch of pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Arrange eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan and cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 9 minutes. Fill a large bowl halfway with water and ice and add the cooked eggs to cool.
- Peel the cold eggs and cut each into two equal parts lengthwise. Remove the yolks and put in a bowl; using a fork, mash the yolks until very smooth. Add mustard, mayonnaise, salt and pepper and combine well. Drizzle the yolk mixture with extra virgin olive oil and mix until well combined and fluffy.
- Transfer the yolk mixture to a piping bag that’s fitted with a star or plain tip; pipe the yolk mixture into the empty egg whites and serve.