Bring a little piece of Denmark into your home with this tasty bread recipe.
- 2 c. gluten free pancake mix
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2/3 c. and 2 Tbsp. coconut milk
- ¼ c. butter (at room temperature)
- ¼ c. raspberry jam
- 2/3 c. confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- ½ tsp. bourbon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the pancake mix, sugar and butter until crumbly. Pour in the almond extract and 2/3 cup of milk and beat well until all the ingredients are well incorporated and the batter is sticky.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the batter onto the baking sheet. Space the dough on the baking sheet so that they don’t run into each other. Use a teaspoon to make an indentation at the center of each ball and fill the hollows with a teaspoon of jam each.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until they are lightly browned. Remove the little breads from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of milk until smooth. Drizzle this over the Danish breads. Let them rest for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!