Best enjoyed while still warm, these mini quesadillas are perfect for gluten-free dieters.
- 8 large corn Guerrero tortillas
- 2 c. chicken, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- ½ c. barbecue sauce
- 7 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Heat barbecue sauce, chicken and onion together in a saucepan until heated through. In the meantime, cut the tortillas into halves.
- Put each pair of tortillas on your working surface and sprinkle on the cheese. Add one spoon of chicken mixture on each piece of the tortilla halves and add more cheese, then cover with the other tortilla.
- Place the tortillas on a heated griddle and let cook over medium heat for about two minutes on each side. Serve at once.