Don’t you just love the sweet aroma from cinnamon in your kitchen? Well, you are really going to enjoy this recipe and the taste is out of this world!
- 3 c. gluten free self-rising flour
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. white sugar
- 1 ¼ c. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 c. and 3 Tbsp. milk
- ¼ c. shortening, organic
- ½ c. butter, softened
- 1/3 tsp. bourbon vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the flour and the shortening either manually or using an electric mixer until well combined. Add the 1 cup of milk and continue stirring. Once well combined, transfer the dough from the bowl to a kneading surface and knead gently.
- Roll out the dough until it’s a bit thick and spread the softened butter. Combine the white and brown sugars and the cinnamon and sprinkle over the butter. Rub the sugar mixture gently onto the butter and roll the dough. Press the edges and the ends together firmly and cut into 1” slices.
- Transfer the slices to a greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, create the glaze by combining the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and 3 tablespoons of milk.
- Once the rolls are baked, drizzle the glaze over the hot cinnamon rolls.
- Serve warm.