Daily work could make us feel too tired to work any further. In such times, all we require is something mouthwatering to entice our taste buds. So, here we are, with a dish that could make you feel tempted towards a cuisine that is neither too sophisticated nor too simple. This could be the perfect delight for bachelors who are not willing to spend hours cooking meals on a daily basis. If you have unquestionable love towards cheeseburgers then you got to try this burger casserole dish that comprises of appetizing cheese dipped onions and a golden brown sheet of roll crescent dough. It’s been in the family for decades and never has it been too old a dish. Kids and grownups love it for its palatable cheesy and buttery crust. You are going to love it for sure!
- Lean ground beef – ¼ pounds
- Crescent dough sheet (refrigerated) – 8 oz.
- Chopped yellow onion – 1
- Lightly beaten egg – 1
- Grated cheddar cheese – 1 cup (sharp)
- Grated mozzarella cheese – 1 cup
- Water – 1 tbsp.
- Dijon mustard – 1 tbsp.
- Worcestershire sauce – 2 tsp.
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp.
- Fresh ground pepper and kosher salt – as per taste
- Chopped and pitted black olives – optional
- Heat the oven to 375°F
- Now, heat ground beef in a Dutch oven or a large skillet at medium-high level of heat. Keep heating until it cooks through.
- Reduce warmth to medium-low and deplete off fat, leaving 1 tablespoon in the container. Sauté onions until caramelized and brilliant in shading. 10-12 minutes.
- Return hamburger to Dutch broiler and include olives (if utilizing), mustard, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season everything with salt and pepper and cook for an additional 2 minutes, then exchange blend to a 9×13-inch heating dish and mix in mozzarella and cheddar.
- Unroll bow move mixture and move it out into a vast, slender rectangle that is sufficiently huge to cover you're preparing dish.
- Place it on top of meat blend and utilize a sharp blade to adorable 2-4 openings in it, to permit steam to get away.
- Combine your beaten egg with 1 tablespoon water and delicately brush blend over the highest point of your batter.
- Place in broiler and heat for 25-30 minutes, or until brilliant chestnut.