What more could you ask from a dish that serves you a warm and mouth-watering delicacy while still assuring a healthy diet? The chicken noodle soup has been prepared with such an approach where the taste never compromises with the ingredients present in it. Its best quality would be the richness of various flavours thanks to the addition of veggies with the delectable noodles. Easy to slurp on while enjoying the exquisite chewiness of the noodles makes this dish perfect for quick dinners. Kids love it and so do grownups. Moreover, it can be served with easily-prepared snacks.
This healthy slow cooker chicken noodle soup is the perfect recipe for the ones who want to impress their guests even though they are beginners at cooking. That is the beauty of such a recipe where everyone craves for its taste just by mesmerizing in the aroma of this tasty delight. It is good for bachelors who find it hard to prepare dishes faster. And, the goodness of chicken makes it even healthier. Do not forget to add the veggies to provide flavour to the broth. This surely increases its taste by ten folds. Also, when the vegetables used are fresh, the quality of this dish is much better. It is also important to create the dish while keeping the noodles in perfect state. This is accomplished by following the recipe directions precisely. After all, a dish tastes best when prepared with perfection.
Yields: 8 Servings | Serving size: 1 Cup | Calories: 149 | Previous Points: 2 | Points Plus: 4 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 22 mg | Sodium: 150 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 gm | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 11 g
- 2 pounds cut up chicken, skinless and boneless, cut into 2" pieces (raw chicken) I used breasts for this recipe but feel free to use dark meat or a combination of breasts and thighs
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth, fat free
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped, Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, broken into small pieces
- Include all fixings, with the exception of the noodles, in the moderate cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low, or until carrots are delicate. The most recent hour of cooking time, add the broken pasta and keep cooking one extra hour or until pasta is still somewhat firm, or to fancied doneness