These pork chops are pan-fried and topped with sauce that’s currant flavored. They are low in fat and calories.
- ¼ c. black currant jam
- 6 orange slices
- 1/3 c. wine vinegar
- 6 center cut pork loin chops, visible fat removed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. gluten free Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together mustard and jam in a small bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add pork chops and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until the sides are brown and chops are cooked through. Top each chop with a tablespoon of mustard-jam mixture and cook, covered, for 2 more minutes. Remove and transfer to the warmed serving plates.
- Let the pan cool until warm. Pour wine vinegar into the frying pan and stir to remove remains of jam and pork. Pour some vinegar sauce on top of each pork chop and sprinkle with pepper. Garnish with orange slices and serve immediately.