The best reason to go for slow cooking is to ensure retention of nutrients. Thanks to new and improved slow cooker recipes, health conscious folks can eat without any worries. How would you like to try out Chicken Chili with slow cooking? As you all know that Chicken Chili is a great recipe that people love. It offers that spicy flavour that cannot be resisted by one’s taste buds. Moreover, it creates an urge to keep on eating it after just one bite. That’s the beauty of this dish. There are a lot of ways to prepare it but the slow cooker chicken chili would be a preferable one to keep the healthy nutrients intact.
Chicken chili also combines a number of healthy veggies with slow-cooked chicken to give a mix of tangy and spicy flavours altogether. Preparing it is also easy as there is not much efforts applied. This makes it the perfect meal for times when there are little choices in the mind to treat family or friends. Do note that the dish discussed below can be modified as per your choice of veggies. You can choose a number of spices but to give it the best taste, we recommend following this recipe as it is. So, let’s get started.
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- • 2 -3 chicken breast fillets (1.5 lbs) cut into bite size pieces (optional skinless, boneless thighs or a combination of breasts & thighs)
- • 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes with liquid
- • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- • 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, fat free, low sodium (optional vegetable broth or water)
- • 2 tablespoons chili powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- • Kosher or sea salt to taste
- • 1 (15.5 ounce) can Cannellini or Navy beans, drained and rinsed
- • 1 (15.5 ounce) can Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- • ¼ cup reduced fat cheddar cheese for garnish
- Join all the above fixings in the moderate cooker. Cover and cook on low 8 hours in a 4-6 quart moderate cooker. Spoon into dishes and embellishment with a little cheddar and diced onion, if craved.
- Note: The chicken utilized as a part of this formula was crude when going in the moderate cooker. On the off chance that you as of now have cooked chicken, quite recently include it around an hour prior to the end of cooking time.