The unusual combination of mango chutney, Greek yoghurt and curry powder in this salad will leave you pleasantly surprised. Perfect for a days when you’re craving for something light and flavorful.
YIELDS: Makes 2 servings
• 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
• 2 tablespoons mango chutney
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1/4 cup raisins
• ¼ cup toasted cashews
• 1/4 cup chopped green onions
• Kosher salt, to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Place the cubed potatoes in a pot with cold water.
2. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
3. Drain the water and allow the potatoes to cool.
4. Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
5. Toss the potatoes in the mixture so that the potato pieces are evenly coated in the mixture.
6. Chill in the refrigerator so that the flavors combine. Serve cold.
- Sweet Potato and Pomegranate Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cranberry Dressing
- Caribbean Inspired Sweet Potato Salad