Nutrition amount per serving
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stream in melted butter into and 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray; shower it with brown sugar. Let it baked for two minutes at 350o. Sprinkle toping with pecans and cranberries, after completely baked. Slowly add flour into measuring cup; level it with knife.
- Make mixture of flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, swirl it with whisk.
- Spoon flour mixture and milk alternatively to butter combination, beginning and ending with flour combination; swirl after each addition. Start beating egg whites with a mixer at high speed until peaks are stiff and fold it into the batter.
- Level the batter over cranberries. Let it bake for 45 minutes at 350o. Let it cool for 10 minute and make loose edges of cake with a sharp knife. Invert the cake onto plate. Mix whipped topping and cognac and serve it with warm cake.
9 servings (serving size: 1 cake piece and about 2 tablespoons cognac cream)