Coconut milk, curry, ginger and chili pepper makes this a creamy, spicy prawn dish.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 24 medium green prawns
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 small red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ginger, finely grated
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 ½ Tbsp. reconstituted onion flakes
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, torn to taste
- Add a cup of water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat, add prawns and simmer, covered, until prawns are cooked through, for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl to cool.
- When cool, remove prawns from water, reserving water. Peel and devein the cooked prawns and return the shells to the reserved water.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger, chili pepper, garlic, and curry powder; cook, stirring, until fragrant and golden, for about 2 minutes.
- Add reserved prawn water to the pan with spices, discarding prawn shells. Add onion flakes and coconut milk and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower heat to low and let the mixture simmer for at least 10 minutes. Stir in prawns and basil until just heated and serve with rice.